There are so many simple yet profound statements by our founding fathers that espouse their view of what this Republic, was designed to be, one cannot misinterpret their intent. They gave us a form of government which was dependent upon both responsibility and accountability. They put in our hands via the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights the means whereby we could hold the government accountable for their actions. They established separation of powers and initiated a system of checks and balances designed to keep America a Free Republic governed by its people rather than a group of “elitist” who were more interested in their power and greed than preserving the Republic and working for the good of the people.
Thomas Jefferson said, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never can be.” Sadly, we, the American people have for too long failed to uphold our end of the bargain and process. We have allowed elected and appointed officials to subvert the Constitution, over regulate the private sector, move into areas of our lives and diminish our liberties and exert their will rather than that of “we the people of these United States.” They no longer feel nor have they been accountable because we have not held them accountable.
It is a shame that the vast majority of Americans do not realize that this is not a democracy but a republic and most do not know the difference. Our rights as American citizens are firmly grounded in the Declaration of Independence where it states, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men…are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights… That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted…” The founders believed that our rights came from a supreme Creator, namely God, and that they are inalienable, and that the purpose of government is to secure these God-given rights.
The founders wanted the government not the people, to be limited! As Micah Burnett so eloquently stated, “…the Constitution does not grant rights to its citizens, rather the citizens grant certain, specific, or “enumerated” rights to the federal government.” Therefore, we understand that the Bill of Rights places further limitations on government not the people and to insure the understanding of that they added the 9th and 10th amendments.
Congress has ALL LEGISLATIVE POWER, which means that ZERO legislative power is in the hands of the Executive or Judicial Branches. The idea of executive orders and finding judicial precedent are completely foreign to the Constitution. Yet, they are the norm today! How did we allow this to transpire? We have neutered state Governments in complete violation of the 10th amendment of the Constitution. It specifically states, “powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” In other words, Feds, there are areas you need to keep your nose out of, the local and State governments will handle it. Thank you very much!
But as to Republics and Democracies, the government as designed by the founders of these United States of America is that of a Republic not a Democracy. In a democracy, the majority can obliterate the rights of any minority. A true democracy would by nature be anti-religious because it suggests that right or wrong can be determined by the will of the majority rather than by moral law. Every democracy begins as a free society and concludes in anarchy where the mob rules, class struggles grow and facilitates an oligarchy ruled by elitist demagogues.
A Republic on the other hand has a framework that is just and cannot be violated especially by government. Our Constitutional Republic , is founded upon the principle that it will NEVER CHANGE! Thomas Jefferson spoke to this saying, “In questions of power, let no more be said of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” That belief and restriction is one of the very reasons that people like this President despise the Constitution. It is restrictive to their designs and desires. So, we have either a democracy that , is ruled by an oligarchy or a republic which, is ruled by law. These United States of America are a Republic and we must fight to keep it that way!
It is my belief that we have allowed this condition to arise due to several things:
1. The organized church and its leadership has failed to stay true to the mission and message of Christ. Too frequently, we have desired to become acceptable to the masses rather than bring the masses to Christ. We have equated popularity with progress and failed to maintain the purity and principles taught by our Lord as foundational principles of life. (Please know that I am not opposed to the organized church, rather I am pro-Christ and His principles).
2. We allowed our personal prosperity to lull us into a state in which our comfort caused or allowed us to become ambivalent to what was taking place. We traded some liberties for comfort and did so to our own peril. As long as we were doing okay we turned our heads as to what was happening thinking that surely no one would want to destroy this great land. We mistakenly thought that our prosperity would last forever and that all things would stay the same and we would remain free. While we were in a state of apathy there were devious and diabolical persons at work developing not only a strategy but an infrastructure to take down the Republic whose economic system is based on capitalism and replace it with a Socialist / Marxist ideology.
3. Those in power have deliberately been engaged in a century long dumbing down of our educational system with the primary desire to enslave the populace who would become ignorant and uninformed as to what was happening and being planned. As Cass Sunstein, one of Obama’s key advisors who holds the office of Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs and calls himself a “choice architect” said, “Once we know that people are human and have some Homer Simpson in them, then there is a lot that can be done to MANIPULATE THEM.” He has also said that he wants the government to “cognitively infiltrate” anti government groups or more accurately anti-Obama groups.
What is at stake in these upcoming elections? At the risk of being labeled a kook and conspiracy theorist let me enumerate a few items:
1. Saving America from becoming a Socialist/Marxist country.
2. Preserving our Freedoms including, free speech, and right to bear arms, right to make our own choices about our individual lives, religious freedoms and the right to duly elect our representatives to go to Washington to represent us.
3. Keeping America from becoming completely bankrupt.
4. Prevent our Health Care System, the greatest in the world, from being totally destroyed.
5. Stop the government takeover of private industry.
We have some serious choices to make this November and again in 2012. If we are willing to see this country taken down the road of destruction via the policies being enacted into law today along with the unsustainable spending that is taking place, then vote for the liberal candidates who support this President. If, however, you want to see America restored and want to see change that is healthy for America and its citizens, then find those conservative candidates who most closely align themselves with your political views and beliefs and vote for them. We need to send a clear message to Washington, D.C. – BOTH PARTIES, that WE WILL BE HEARD and if they fail to represent us, we will hold them accountable and allow them to find another line of work.
I pray daily for those in leadership. I pray that they will come to the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and turn to Him and follow His principles. I do not pray for the success of any policy that I believe , to be destructive to this country and its citizenry. I pray for the failure of those policies. My prayers are for God to cause each of those serving in any governmental capacity to come to a point of decision regarding Him and His desires and principles. If they reject Him, then I pray that God will bring their rejection to light and expose their anti-God and anti-America plans so clearly that the voting public, will be so repulsed that we choose to allow the politicians time to pursue other endeavors other than public office.
This is my rant. Thank you for taking the time to read it. If you agree with any or all of it please feel free to share it. If you disagree then feel free to delete and reject it. This is still a Free Country where we can believe what we choose! I defend your right to do so.
God Bless You and God Bless America!