Let me begin by offering something a bit humorous that was put together by Lewis W. Napper in 1993. Napper is a self-described amateur philosopher from Mississippi who ran for the U.S. Senate in 2000 as a Libertarian. I said, it was humorous but apropos for our present world and provides ideas that are needed for today. Needed but not heeded.
His presentation was entitled “BILL OF NO RIGHTS…”
I feel sure that our Founding Fathers would approve of this!
“We, the sensible of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid any more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-great grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common-sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt-ridden delusional, and other liberal, commie, pinko bed wetters.”
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that a whole lot of people were confused by the “Bill of Rights” and are so dim-witted that they require a “Bill of No Rights.”
- You do not have the right to a new car, big-screen TV, or other forms of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing you anything.
- You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for EVERYONE – – not just you! You may leave the room, change the channel, express a different opinion, etc., but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.
- You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye or pour hot coffee in your lap, do not expect the toolmaker or the restaurant to make you and your relatives independently wealthy.
- You do not have the right to free food or housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.
- You do not have the right to free health care. That might be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we’re just not interested in free public health care.
- You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim or kill someone, don’t be surprised if the rest of us get together and bring severe and swift justice upon you.
- You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods and services of other citizens, don’t be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you won’t have the right to a big-screen color TV or a life of leisure.
- You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have one, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities in education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.
- You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to pursue happiness – which, by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an overabundance of idiotic laws created by those around you who were confused by the “Bill of Rights.”
In our present entitlement world those ideas, that fit squarely in our original founding and have biblical grounds would be summarily rejected by the snowflake entitlement leftists of today’s Democratic Socialist Ideologues.
In a recent conversation with some self-described ‘free thinkers,’ I offered the following argument and ideas for consideration. I began my presentation by saying, “Let me get this straight…” Once I had their attention is attempted to systematically present my thoughts.
The Founding Fathers were willing to risk everything to bring “Liberty” and “Freedom” to a nation of people that existed then and would follow in successive generations. They refused to embrace the idea of “Permanent Professional Politicians.” They diligently sought to protect the “rights of the individual” including free speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms. They sought to ensure that we would be subjected to no taxation without representation, have a limited Federal Government, and a system of checks and balances in the three branches of government; providing us with a document that only through the amendment process could be altered.
Today, we have a Political Class that ignores the rights of individuals, wants to suppress our freedom of speech. They want to control religion in more ways than I can enumerate. It is their expressed desire to take away our guns, tax us into oblivion, grow the Federal Government to such a monstrosity that it cannot be controlled and will consume everything in its path. We endured eight years of a President that trampled on the Constitution, ignored Congress and the Courts, and believed that he is entitled to live like a King while his subjects suffer economic difficulties and to do whatever he pleased. Now it looks as if we may have Part-Two of that tragedy.
Now we are being subjected to his partner in crime for another round of that horrific period and type of governance. Former President Obama alienated our allies and befriended those who have sworn to destroy us if they have the opportunity. He claimed to want us to be free of Dependence on Foreign Oil and Influence yet refused to allow drilling, the creation of a pipeline from Canada, and was willing to mortgage our future and that of our great-great-grandchildren to the Chinese and other nations from whom we borrow to satisfy his appetite to SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!
The former president, Obama, wanted us to give him the freedom to do incredible damage. It was utterly astounding that all conservatives were painted as racist, bigots, homophobes, mean-spirited, and wanting to kill grandma with virtually no pushback. When endured a period where the Democrats controlled both Congress and the Whitehouse. They rammed their agenda down our throats refusing to make any concessions or compromises.
They advanced their agenda of creating a Welfare State to build their voting base of dependency and we are supposed to want that! So, I must ask “What did I miss?” Before they could spew forth their vitriolic hate I said, “I want my country back!” I still do! We have had a limited window under Donald J. Trump and sadly, millions were either duped or our republic has moved so far left toward Socialism that we could be forever lost.
God help us to return to Him and fall on our faces in repentance and recognition of the dangers we are now facing. I keep praying for God to spare America and it is my desire that He bless America and each of you!
Keep the faith, God is still God!